Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sunny Spring

Yay... it's spring now and the sun has finally shined consistently lately. My popcorn had his first BBQ party (of this year) a few days ago. Later he told me that he got sunburn. I was like, “hhhh....? sunburn?” 'Cos even though it's warm outside, it's not THAT hot that you could actually get any sunburn. Moreover, he's in Norway, the coldest place on earth I've ever visited.
My poor little popcorn.... I'm concern about how he could survive the summer if he gets sunburn so easily. And it's still the beginning of Spring, a long way to go to Summer!

Then I realize, how I've had a false conception this whole time. It begins as I had my holiday in Bali. I got myself a temporary tattoo on my upper arm. I thought it'd be cool. Well, it turned out to be more hot than cool. It was extremely hot to be precise. After some hours dipping in the salty water and grilled under the sun, the place where the black ink was carved felt like burned. It hurt so much as if I had the real tattoo needle pierced into my skin (oh well, I assume so, 'cos I've never had a real one yet).
This experience brought me to the thought, that white people are so lucky during summer, unlike black people or any other dark skins whose colors absorb the heat of the sun.
My sister second my opinion when she had her blonde friend touched her overheated black haired head. Her friend was surprised since his head has never went that hot. Yeah, my people always joke that we can fry an egg on our head.
You know, the companies of “Head and Shoulders” and “Clear” even invented menthol shampoo with the cool sensation only for us, the tropical land people. Mmm... at least I think so, 'cos I've never seen menthol shampoo here in Germany. Even though the summer in Europe can be much hotter than in my homeland.

But now I achieve a new comprehension. Dark skins may absorb more heat and feel hotter, but they don't get sunburn as easily as the whites. Nevertheless, I still think that white people are lucky because they don't get tanned so fast after being exposed to the sun (o yeah, you're lucky. We, asian ladies, use tons of whitening cream to stay yellow!). I even see they become orange instead of brown. But at least, most of color skin people wont have to go through the red-boiled-crab phase before they get darker.

2 comments:

Chanaka Lloyd said...

Oi...why's your ur blog so silent recently?

anomalous saga said...

heheh..... well... am a bit lazy to write these days. and nothing really inspired me yet. maybe i need half a bottle of tequila too ;)