Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dandelion Clock


One of my favorite pics of my favorite flower I made last year.

Coburg, 19.05.2007

Dandelion Clock

… or dent-de-lion in its origin word, which means tooth of a lion.
… or skydiver flower in my own language as I was a kid. Actually, my mom said so, when I and my sister asked the name of this wild flower that grows a bit higher than the grass surrounds it, and pretty eye-catching too with its white color above the greens.
Since forever, I find it as my favorite flower for all time.
And the sweet youth days memories that I had with this wild but gentle, strong yet soft plant, make it even worthier.

I am so amazed by its filaments, that when the winds help it escape from its head, it would fly away slowly, float in the air with incalculable movement and unpredictable direction, look for a new place to grow, maybe search for a new environment, try to survive and to multiply.
And that is exactly what I am doing right now. I am so far away from home, looking for new experiences, searching for a better life, trying to survive and to adapt with this new situation that I am on and perhaps trying to multiply too... :D

Somehow, seeing this flower takes my gloominess and sulkiness out of existence.
So I feel grateful for this is spring and I can see these flowers everywhere, even in my room on the 7th floor. Well, not the whole bunch of course. Around 6 pm yesterday afternoon, while I was chilling and relaxing on my bed, suddenly this white filament came in through the window and danced slowly right in front of my weary eyes. The rays of the sun glowing outside perfectly framed this beauty and the bright blue sky background just made it completely gorgeous.
Then I think to myself, “Hey, it’s so cheerful outside. Why don’t I go for a walk and wash away my tiredness?”
So I went hunting …

11 comments:

Your Pal Pinki said...

I just wrote a blog post about making a wish on a dandelion and I wonder if I can use your lovely picture from this post? Of course I will link you with credit. Thank you in advance.
My blog is
http://www.lovetheeclecticlife.com/blogspot

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Anonymous said...

Hei.. is that all, really? doesn't it remind you of something else? a really cool ^O^ design company? or a friend who worked with you decorating parties, painting giant screens on the floor, worked our asses from morning till dawn.. see, told u.. it was a great name.. just a reminder, we might be miserable and struggling with many things now, but it's just simply because we are trying to settle down and sort things out.. just like dandelions.. btw, ehem.. try to multiply ei?

Anonymous said...

one more thing.. even though u always pretend, deep inside i know that u miss me that much.. ^^

anomalous saga said...

saaaahhh!!!!!...not that much, partner! and why the hell are u always be anonymous???

susan pratt said...

How many images did you send to Avanti before they selected one for publication?

anomalous saga said...

Hi Susan, I was just so lucky that they found it in my Flickr stream.

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

Hi thr, thanx a lto for tis blog -- This is what I was looking for.

Anonymous said...

Hello, you site is very funny he told me to cheer up .. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...


Hmmm very interesting:)