Saturday, June 14, 2008

Back to Black

I am currently hypnotized by Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black". The music keeps echoing in my head and I often unconsciously murmur the melody. It is a quite good song for a mellow person like me. Brings me into a black atmosphere which somehow makes me feel at ease.
Talking about black, a color usually associated with negative connotations, I can list some great blacks that I love and that bring me a happy joy joy feeling. Here they are:
Black Grass Jelly drink: Aaaaaaahhhhh.... so refreshing in a hot summer day
Black Sun-Glasses: protect your eyes from the burning sun and UV, of course. And when your eyes are protected and you frown less, the process of getting more wrinkles on your forehead might slow down too!
Black long straight shiny hair: proud to be an Asian lady, hihihi...^^
Black Mascara: sexy
Black Jasmine Tea: smell so sweet, especially when poured from a clay tea pot. Sipping it hot, hmmmm.... so relaxing. Makes me feel really at home.
Black Coffee: helps you to stay conscious during lectures and works. Better than sticking toothpicks between your eyelids.
Black shirt: hide your bulging fat and wet armpit. I recommend to use a deo for the latter case, though. One in a black packaging really drains and stops your armpit from spraying (you've seen the commercial ad, haven't you?).
Black forest cake: chocolate, cherries, cherry brandy, whip cream......... =P~ what could be better than that?!
Black Mushroom: used in many delicious Asian cuisine and might have some medical benefits too. Remove fat and lose weight, help to prevent heart coronary disease --> see http://www.healthy-chinese-recipe.com/obesity-diet-food-black-mushroom.html
Black Glutinous Rice Porridge: huhuhu..... sweeeeett.... i'm drooling drooling drooling!
Black and White Photography: please rate me!
Black bean paste ramen: well, never tried this one, but it looks so damn tasty on TV. Would LOVE to try it. Sadly I haven't even found the instant noodle form in Asian shops around here.
Black humour: aha... maybe we need it to keep us sane.
Could you find another great black that you like? Maybe I can add it on my list too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Black and White Photography: please rate me! haha that's a good one, very suttle.. some sort of subliminal message?? and about black coffee.. as far as i remember they were match sticks.. sticking tootpicks between ur eyelids is kinda scary, isn't it?
another great black? hmm, let's see.. how about black mail, the one we did yeaaaarsss ago.. our dirty little secret.. huhuhu ^^

anomalous saga said...

hahaha....yeah black mail... brings back the sweet memory..huhuhu ^^

anomalous saga said...

speaking about the blackmail, I wonder if our victim (and unintended victims) still remember that incident, but we surely will never ever forget it, right?! it was about 16 years ago, ne... whoa... glad to still have contact with u, even though we're so far away now. glad that u become my best friend. Bitter sweet feelings that we've grown so old now, huhuhu... I'm being a bit sentimental :(( just forget what I said!!