Wednesday, July 21, 2010

the Victims of Love

Let's play this number from Hugh Grant and Haley Bennet first before you continue reading.
Way back into Love
 



Today I chatted with a friend. Somehow we stumbled talking about romance; about his crush on his classmate and my own long lost crush. The conversation itself was funny. I found my new talent on giving foolish advises and developing a love philosophy. "It's like looking at the menu in a luxurious french restaurant, where they offer a looooooong list of food, and none that I understand. So can't pick out anything. Wasting time seeing and studying all of the menu and in the end decide that the price are too expensive," so I told him, reflecting our journey in seeking a true love. I think I was inspired by someone in a movie. Otherwise I won't be able to say that kind of poetic sentence, lol...

Talking about love betrayal, it's my second time now to hear a story about someone whose partner had been snatched by his/her own best friend. It's definitely a heart-ripping experience to anyone who has been betrayed in such way, not only by his lover, but also by his closest friend. Whom else can he put his trust on then? And these two friends of mine, the victims of love, had built their relationship for years.
Could there be any excuse for the "enemy in the blanket"? Perhaps, the traitors also had some struggle inside their heart while they were doing what they did. What if they also suffered in the past, trying to suppress their forbidden feelings. Who knows if they were really made for each other, and not for my friends... Who knows...

However, it is still something unforgivable for my friends. Hope they won't kick my ass if they read this consideration. Yeah, it's so easy to talk. If it happens to me, I most likely won't be able to let go also.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happened to me several times, I survived though... :)

The French restaurant analogy seems logical to me, sometimes we don't even know and realize what we're looking for even though all the choices are in front of our eyes and waiting...

anomalous saga said...

ehh? really? seriously, yo? u've been betrayed by your own best friend(s) several times? duh....! maybe you need new method on finding friends.... hehehe... kidding. sometimes bad luck is just after us, ne?

but yo, i'm sooooo grateful to have you as a friend. especially because now you're the one who continuously comments on my blog, lol.... :D
thanks so much for keeping in contact and all the attention, yo :)
big hug!